Robert Zhong Department of Surgery Research Day
Thank you for attending the Dr. Robert Zhong Department of Surgery Research Day!
The Dr. Robert Zhong Department of Surgery Research Day was held on Friday, June 23th at the Shuttleworth Auditorium and had over 200 attendees.
Pictured above: Department of Surgery Research Day audience in the Shuttleworth Auditorium at St. Joseph's Hospital; Dr. Neil Parry moderates the afternoon debate.
Highlights of the Day:
- Morning poster session, with 26 posters presented
- 7 fantastic award winning resident/fellow research papers
- Informative talk from Dr. Jeremy Burton on the microbiome and what it means for a surgeon
- Award winning MSc in Surgery Student Colloquium presentations
- 4 outstanding research lectures from surgeons in the Department
- Superb keynote lecture by Dr. Clifford Ko on, “Achieving Surgical Quality: Observations from the American College of Surgeons”
- An exciting debate between Drs. Leeper and Faber on the “Merits of Simulation Based versus Hands on Operative Training of Residents in the Face of CBME and Quality Based Outcomes”.
Pictured above: Dr. Clifford Ko presents his talk, "Achieving Surgical Quality: Observations from the American College of Surgeons" and Dr. Alp Sener, Chair, Research Committee, with Dr. Ko.
Congratulations to the following award winners:
- Best Clinical Poster: Dr. Melissa Huynh, Division of Urology
- Best Basic Science Poster: Dr. Aymon Naushad, Division of Urology
- Resident/Fellow Best Paper: Dr. Supriya Singh, Division of Orthopaedics
Pictured below: resident award winners.
Thank you to all our industry sponsors for the day.