Call for Abstracts: Department of Surgery Research Day
The Dr. Robert Zhong Department of Surgery Research Day will be held on Friday, June 15, 2018 at King’s University College, London. The poster session will take place in the morning before the commencement of Research Day. All poster presenters will be asked to prepare a two-minute pitch to provide an overview of their research. One winner will be selected in each of the four research categories.
The Department of Surgery Research Committee will adjudicate all abstracts.
Abstract Submissions are Open to:
- Department of Surgery Residents
- Department of Surgery Fellows
- MSc in Surgery students
- Graduate students working with a Department of Surgery member (clinical academic or scientist) OR a graduate student working with a member of a Department of Surgery Research Node
Abstract Research Categories:
- Big Data/ICES (examples: Population based outcome research, Health Services Planning & Evaluation etc.)
- Fundamental Sciences & Surgical Innovation (examples: Basic science laboratory or engineering work through proof of concept in animal studies, human pilot studies, other innovations, therapies, surgical samples for basic science descriptive analysis etc.)
- Patient Centered Research (examples: Prospective or observational studies involving patients or involving human participants as controls in a health care setting, patient related outcome measure development, patient surveys etc.)
- Surgical Education (examples: Education projects involving simulation, competency-based education, resident work hours, different teaching styles, education projects such as decision aid development, qualitative research projects etc).
- The deadline for submissions is Monday, March 5, 2018.
- Only ONE abstract may be submitted per person
Please submit your abstract in the following format:
- Abstract should be formatted in 11 point, Arial font, single-spaced, and be saved as a MS Word document
- Maximum number of words: 250
- First Line: Title in Bold
- Second Line: Author(s) [i.e. Smith J, Turtle M]
- Third Line: Division in Department of Surgery or Department if not Surgery
- Fourth Line: Blank
- Fifth Line: Begin Abstract [Introduction, Hypothesis, Materials and Methods, Results, Conclusions]
- Abstracts must be text based only
How to Submit Your Abstract:
Indicate in the text of your email submission the following information about yourself:
- Email Address:
- Program and Year:
- Submission Category: (See list of abstract research categories)
If you have any questions please contact Janice Sutherland or call 519-646-6100 ext. 64304.
Remember: The deadline to submit your abstract is Monday, March 5, 2018.