Strategic Plan Focus Groups – Windsor Program: Register today
Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry is now ready to begin the next chapter for work with the strategic plan, now at the mid-point of its 10-year life cycle.
Our strategic planning process is entitled REAL, which represents the focus of Research, Education & Active Engagement Leader, from the original 2011 – 2021 strategic plan and our school’s vision.
The REAL process will unfold during the next four-six months with a target launch of February 2016.
One of the first engagement activities is designed to obtain your ideas through facilitated focus groups for staff, faculty, leaders and learners. The focus groups will zero in on five strategic questions.
- What are the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry’s greatest assets and opportunities?
- Going forward, what outcomes do we need to achieve for the students and other stakeholders we serve, in order to achieve the school’s vision?
- To produce these outcomes, what strategic processes and practices do we need to excel at?
- Given that we need to excel in these areas, what type of culture, people (skills, capacity, etc.), technology, tools and infrastructure are required?
- In order to sustain this capacity, what key investments do we need to make and how do we allocate our resources to the highest priorities?
Focus Group Details
Format: Our consultant, Anne Becker, will lead the discussions by asking participants these questions and recording / summarizing your responses on flipcharts. Anne will ensure the discussion is focused at a strategic level and captures the ideas and input of all participants. After each focus group, Anne will summarize the findings and then compile all findings from the focus groups into one large report that will feed into the Strategic Plan.
Environment: The focus group setting is a safe, confidential and respectful environment. You are encouraged to express your thoughts and ideas openly and thoughtfully. There are no ‘right or wrong’ answers; only perspectives, ideas, hopes, concerns, etc.
Time Commitment: Each focus group will last approximately one hour.
Scheduling: The maximum number of participants per focus group is 20 and participation for each focus group is on a first-come, first-involved basis. The focus group schedule is as follows:
Target Audience, Date, Time and Location
On Monday, November 30, three different focus groups are being held for Windsor Program faculty, staff and students.
- Focus Group with Staff / 10:00 - 11:00 / Medical Education Building Room 2100
- Focus Group with Students / 12:00 - 1:00 / Medical Education Building Room 2100
- Focus Group with Faculty / 2:00 - 3:00 / Medical Education Building Room 2100
Sign-Up Process: Once you have confirmed what focus group you would like to participate in, please email Rodger Moran at Rodger.Moran@schulich.uwo.ca, and he will add your name to the Participant List. If groups are full, he will advise you and you can then sign up for another focus group.
Everyone is encouraged to participate in this valuable process. We want and need your ideas and input and we are confident that your involvement will significantly enrich our School’s Strategic Plan – our roadmap for the next five years.
If you have any questions, please contact Rodger Moran.