The Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry’s 10-year destination envelops a number of strategic opportunities:
- Targeting specific health problems that are highly relevant to the region and country (e.g., childhood obesity, diabetes, etc.) through research, education and partnerships.
- New thinking about cross-cutting programs and potential new organizational models.
- Recruitment to build capacity in health services and population health research and the focus on interdisciplinary approaches to the new public health program will provide the needed foundation to strengthen knowledge translation initiatives that will impact health.
- Exploring research synergies and enhanced translational opportunities through Schulich Medicine & Dentistry’s partnership with the University of Windsor and other academic institutions.
- Expanding research that explores the social, developmental and environmental contexts.
- Embedded curriculum that prepares future practitioners and scientists to incorporate public and population health perspectives.
- Education for industry and the public on health-related issues and the benefits of health research.