Network for Canadian Oral Health Research (NCOHR) host the first Canadian Dental Research Student Workshop at Schulich Dentistry
Friday, May 24, 2013
The Network for Canadian Oral Health Research (NCOHR) is pleased to host the first Canadian Dental Research Student Workshop: Careers in Academic Dentistry. The 2013 event will be held on June 10 - 11 at the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University.
The workshop will be an important step towards supporting research capacity within the Canadian oral health community and will focus on:
- Ways institutions can foster careers in academic dentistry
- Possible careers for Clinician Scientists, in Academics
- Opportunities and barriers facing graduate students interested in oral health research
- Academic and general leadership within the oral health research community
Keynote speakers of the two day event include:
- Ms. Angela Gullard, AADR NSRG
- Dr. Simon Tran, McGill University
- Dr. Paul Allison, McGill University
- Dr. Harinder Sandhu, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University
- Dr. Elham Emami, Université De Montéral
- Dr. Graeme Hunter, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University
- Dr. German Ramirez, University of Manitoba
- Dr. Jeff Dixon, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University
- Dr. Michael Glogauer, University of Toronto
As funds limit attendance to students and faculty from our Canadian Dental Schools, we are pleased to inform you we will be providing a live internet broadcast of the talks and presentations; your questions will gladly be discussed by all participants.
Click here to bookmark the Livestream. The event will be streamed on June 10 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and June 11 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.