$93,007 raised for the United Way!
Friday, January 30, 2009
Congratulations to the faculty, staff and students at Schulich and Robarts who came together to raise $93,007 for the United Way, surpassing last year's total by $6000. Despite the economic downturn, Western was able to make a record-breaking contribution of $534,008 this year. Thank you all for your outstanding generosity and support.
Highlights and Special Events:
• Kick-off Pizza Lunch - $1,360 (over 270 served!)
• StairClimb – Teams from the Faculty and Staff, Medicine and BMSc raised over $3,000
• Moustache Olympics – This annual moustache growing contest and parade at Robarts raised $1,200
• Get out of the Lab for Free – Kudos to the Physiology and Pharmacology department for coordinating this event and raising $740
• Coffee Day for the United Way – Enthusiastic volunteers from Schulich supported this fundraiser by Western’s Hospitality Services and sold 114 traveler cups and dozens of cups of coffee.
• Pumpkin Carving Contest – The Social Committee at the Dean’s Office at Schulich donated $50 from this fun event
• Suduko for Suzuki – $20 - Only a few Suduko addicts took on the challenge but the lucky winner enjoyed tickets to see Dr. David Suzuki.
Thank you to the following people and businesses whose contributions helped to make this campaign a success…
• Gerry Lahay - Western’s Hospitality Services
• The Grand Theatre
• West Haven Golf & Country Club
• Compudata Systems Inc.
• Science Student Council
• Kris Dundas, Schulich Communications
• Coffee Day volunteers: John Ruicci, Drs. Kem Rogers, Francis Chan, Chris Ellis and Stephen Sims
• Campaign volunteers: Dr. Wael Haddara, Joan Estabrooks, Kathy Boon, Danielle Johnston, Kathy Wallis, Kris Dundas, Bruce Arppe, Michele Grigg, Dr. Dan Hardy, Yanti Setiawati, Deb Grant, Fred Williams, Melita Hayes, Krista Habermehl, Shannon English
• StairClimb participants and organizers of departmental fundraising events
• Rob Atkinson, Western’s sponsored employee
blog comments powered by Disqus