Who We Are
The London Health Sciences Centre Paediatric Rheumatology program has witnessed an impressive growth since its beginnings in 2009.
The Division of Rheumatology at Children’s Hospital, LHSC, offers a comprehensive range of services for the evaluation and treatment of children with acute and chronic paediatric rheumatic diseases and has clinics to assess children for the following conditions:
- Neonatal Lupus
- Juvenile Dermatomyositis
- Systemic Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Juvenile Spondyloarthritis
- Systemic Vasculitis
- Autoinflammatory Syndromes
We also assess and treat patients with various other forms of musculoskeletal pain. We work closely with our colleagues in ophthalmology, orthopaedics, dermatology, neurology, nephrology, adolescent medicine, radiology, nursing, child life, social work, physical therapy, and occupational therapy. We often interact with The Arthritis Society around advocacy projects, community resources, and therapeutic services for our patients.
Our research activities are predominantly clinical and we are involved in national collaborative studies of juvenile arthritis and systemic vasculitis.
Our mandate is to provide excellent clinical care, educate families and patients, and undertake research studies into systemic inflammatory disorders and inflammatory diseases of the bones and joints in childhood.
Meet our Team
- Dr. Erkan Demirkaya - Divison Head - Professor, Paediatric Rheumatologist
- Dr. Roberta Berard - Assistant Professor, Paediatric Rheumatologist
- Michelle Diebold - RN, Case Manager
- Sue MacQueen - Physiotherapist, Advanced Clinician Practitioner in Arthritis Care
Aichison- Social Work
- Erika Clements - Child Life Specialist
Rheumatology Dept: 519.685.8379