Missions and Goals:
Undergraduate Medical Program:
- Develop physicians who provide outstanding patient-centred care.
- Develop physicians to be reflective practitioners with a commitment towards, and the skills required for, lifelong learning
- Develop and deliver our curriculum:
- utilizing the best educational practices:
- with a student-centred approach;
- grounded in the needs of our patients, our communities and our country;
- aligning assessment methods with curricular objectives;
- striving for continuous improvement through rigorous evaluation.
Together, we strive to promote health,
serve as advocates, preserve human dignitiy,
and practice with humility.
To be the doctors we would want to have: dedicated to learning, watchful over dignity, and worthy of trust.
Compassion & integrity first
Wisdom with humility always
Honing the art,
Advancing the science,
Advocating for the individuals
and communities in our care,
To be ambassadors of health,
who care for our patients,
as we would our loved ones.
With courage in our hearts
and knowledge in our minds
may we serve with compassion
as our lives meet those of our patients.
To touch lives with compassion and integrity, always recognizing that we are the people we treat.
To be a whole person
To see a whole person
To serve with integrity
To heal with humanity
For those we help today and those who need us tomorrow, we dedicate ourselves to Medicine.
To see through the eyes of those we serve, as we serve.
The physician graduating from the Schulich School of Medicine at the University of Western Ontario will possess the knowledge, skills and attitudes basic to all physicians such that they may satisfactorily proceed to further training in any area of the profession. We believe that the primary goal of a physician is to apply a sophisticated body of knowledge and skills to the solution of problems faced by people. In doing so, the graduate will be following a self-imposed set of standards that are morally responsible and will be able to analyse and solve problems in order to provide efficient and humane care.