Year 3 Orientation
Year 3 Clinical Clerkship Program
For more information please visit the Year 3 Clinical Clerkship Program.
The Undergraduate Medical Education office and the Dentistry office provide comprehensive Orientation to Clerkship /Clinics at the start of the experience.
In addition to understanding learning and clinical expectationsThe Learner Equity & Wellness Office wants to make sure that learners also have resources to assist them in staying resilient during the excitement and challenge of this first intensive clinical year. About 25 per cent of students will at some point have problems with mental health, ranging from burnout to severe depression. In addition to contacting our office and /or campus Health Services offices for support, the resources and links below may provide some help at key times of the year.
- Western’s Mental Health Website- Western resource for Mental Health
- E-Physician Health- a comprehensive on-line physician health and wellness resource
- CMA Physician Health Resources – CMA publications in the field of physician wellness
- Canadian Association of Internes & Residents Field guide to Residency
- Canadian Mental Health Association- information about finding balance, managing stress and building resilience