Consent & Sexual Violence Awareness Week - Oct 23-27
October 23 – 27, 2017 is Western’s official Consent and Sexual Violence Awareness Week. Members of Western’s Sexual Violence Prevention Education Committee have organized a variety of events and initiatives taking place across campus. You can learn more about all the initiatives by visiting: http://www.uwo.ca/sexualviolence.
Some key events include:
• Let’s Taco ‘Bout It! on Tuesday, October 24, a discussion brought to you by Avova and PrideWestern about LGBTQ+ experiences of sexual violence and resiliency.
• Let’s Talk Porn with Dr. Annalise Trudell, Dr. Taylor Kohut & Dr. William Fisher on Tuesday, October 24. Many of the things you think you know about porn may not be true.
• Understanding Human Trafficking, a talk with Dr. Jacqui Linder on Wednesday, October 25.
• Take Back the Campus March against sexual violence on Thursday, October 26.
• Backpack to Briefcase on Friday, October 27 gives interested participants an opportunity to connect with local professionals in consent and sexual violence prevention education and front line support.