Centre for Studies in Family Medicine Mission Statement
To conduct, foster, disseminate, implement and develop capacity for excellent interdisciplinary research in family medicine, primary care, health systems and community health.
To be a research world leader in family medicine, primary care, health systems and community health to improve the health and care of patients and the population.
• Conduct interdisciplinary research in family medicine, primary care, health systems and community health
• Disseminate and implement research findings
• Foster research by the faculty and staff of the Department of Family Medicine
• Facilitate research training for the MClSc and PhD students
• Support research capacity development for medical students, residents, and other trainees
• Further the understanding of family medicine practice through research
• adheres to accepted standards of ethical conduct
• promotes evidence-informed patient-centred care
• encourages coordinated, efficient, and collaborative interprofessional care
• addresses the needs of defined populations
• is interdisciplinary
• develops new and improved methods of inquiry