Second Year Transfer Students
Admission via transfer into the second year at Schulich Dentistry can be considered only if a vacancy exists for that year (spaces sometimes become available due to attrition). Admission beyond the second year of the DDS program is not permitted. Schulich Dentistry will consider applicants who meet the following requirements:
Application for admission to the Second Year of the DDS Program by Transfer, for the Class of 2020 (entry in September 2017):
- Transfer Application is now closed.
- This is the only site where application access is available.
- The deadline for receipt of the application for Dentistry Class of 2021 will be July 1, 2018.
- Must currently be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate dental program (presently limited to schools in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, and the United States). Applicants who have been required to withdraw from a dental school for academic or other reasons will usually be ineligible for admission to second year at Schulich Dentistry.
- Must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- All students applying whose mother tongue (first language) is not English will be required to prove their understanding of the English language.
- Must satisfy the general admission requirements of Western University and/or the transfer regulations adopted by Senate.
- The Dental Aptitude Test administered by The Canadian Dental Association is not required.
- May be required to be present for an interview and/or submit letters of reference.
The most competitive candidates:
- Come from a comparable curriculum. Please refer to the course listings for the first year program at Schulich Dentistry.
- Have a good standing in the applicants’ current dental program.
Application for admission into second year must be completed by July 1, for entry in September of the same year. All applicants must submit the following to the Dentistry Admissions Office (1151 Richmond Street, Health Sciences Addition Rm H103, London, ON N6A 5C1):
- A completed online application form and accompanying application fee of $275 (cheque or money order)
- Official transcripts from each university, college or other post-secondary institution currently/previously attended
- Copies of course synopses of previous dental courses taken
- All applicable additional documentation (outlined in the application)
In the event that there is a competition to fill a vacant seat in second year of the DDS program, the decision will likely be made in early August. Should there be no competition, the application fee will be returned.