Management Principles for Physicians delivers knowledge, tools and skills that can be applied to business management concepts to enhance health care delivery. Customized for physicians, the course delivers business strategy, finance, business plan development and operational excellence that can be incorporated into initiatives to improve patient care, experience and outcomes.
The course welcomes physicians at any career stage including:
- physicians new to leadership within their health care organization or professional practice group
- physicians interested in leadership training but unsure of which course to take
- physicians with no prior knowledge in finance or business principles
- physicians with prior management education seeking a general refresh
By the end of the course, participants will be expected to be able to:
- apply management techniques and conflict resolution strategies in the leadership of diverse health care teams
- apply value-based health care principals when establishing and implementing strategies in a health care setting
- apply managerial accounting principles to the planning and evaluation of health care programs
- explain the principles of lean management and the potential for implementation within professional practice
Leading and Organizational Behaviour
Value-based Health Care Strategy
Excel for Financial Planning
Operational Management in Health Care
Tuition includes: 12.25 hours of case-based, interactive curriculum delivered by Ivey Business School faculty with expertise in the health care sector; course materials; continental breakfast, lunch and refreshment breaks. Tuition does not include accommodations or travel.
Registration is currently closed.
Samuel Siu, MD, SM, MBA, FRCPC
Professor of Medicine and Cardiologist
Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University
David Barrett, PhD, MBA, CMA, CPA
Assistant Professor of Operations Management
Executive Director, Ivey International Centre for Health Innovation
Ivey Business School, Western University
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and approved by Continuing Professional Development, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University (12.25 hours).
This Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by Continuing Professional Development, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry for up to 12.25 Mainpro+ credits.
Continuing Professional Development, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University, designates this educational activity for a maximum of 12.25 category 1 credits toward the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award.
Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent participating in the educational program.
Schulich Medicine & Dentistry is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any accomodation requirements or require information in an alternate format.