Celebrating our achievements
If you are interested in applying for an award, visit the Schulich Medicine & Dentistry awards page.
Congratulations to Ravi Menon, PhD, on being selected as a Senior Fellow by the International Society of for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM) for lifetime achievements in brain and imaging research. Menon was presented with his award by Dr. Jeffrey Neil, President of ISMRM, at a ceremony in June. Read the full article.
Congratulations to Alison Allan, PhD, Associate Professor, Departments of Oncology and Anatomy and Cell Biology, on receiving a Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation – Ontario Region research project grant related to innovative solutions for breast cancer. Read the full article.
Congratulations to Dr. Stan Kogon, MSc’70. He received the Barnabas Day Award for Distinguished Service from the Ontario Dental Association. The award recognizes outstanding contributions to the profession of dentistry for a sustained period of at least 20 years. Read the full article.
Congratulations to Nicole Barra, PhD, a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, on recieving one of two 2015 Molly Towell Perinatal Research Foundation Fellowship Awards. Read the full article.
Dr. Daniel Pepe, a first-year resident in the Division of General Surgery, received the Dr. Murray Girotti Resident Teaching Award at the Department of Surgery’s annual Departmental Resident Celebration event on June 22. Read the full article.
Four Schulich Medicine & Dentistry researchers received grants totalling $9.9 million over seven years from the inaugural Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) Foundation Grant. Congratulations to Frank Beier, PhD, Dr. Robert Hegele, Terry Peters, PhD, and Dr. J. Geoffrey Pickering. Congratulations to the additional 19 researchers that have received CIHR Open Operating Grants of more than $13.6 million. Read the full article.
Congratulations to the recipients of the Schulich Medicine & Dentistry Internal Graduate Awards.
- Collip Medal Award - Dr. Hilary Brown, Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Cobban Student Award in Heart and Stroke Research - Elena Tutunea-Fatan, Physiology and Pharmacology
- Drs. Madge and Charles Macklin Fellowship for Teaching and Research in Medical Sciences - Danielle Brewer, Anatomy and Cell Biology
- Drs. Madge and Charles Macklin Fellowship for Publication in Medical Sciences - Sarah Svenningsen, Medical Biophysics
- Jonathan & Joshua Memorial Graduate Scholarship (Two Doctoral Awards) - Tamara Tavares, Neuroscience; Nole Hiebert, Physiology and Pharmacology
- Jonathan & Joshua Memorial Graduate Scholarship (Masters or Doctoral) - Aaron Regis, Anatomy and Cell Biology
- Nellie Farthing Fellowship in Medical Sciences (Three Awards) - Sarah Mattonen, Medical Biophysics; Mike Ellis, Biochemistry; Tyler Beveridge, Anatomy and Cell Biology
- Norman E. Nixon Marie Rämö Nixon Award - Yiwen Xu, Medical Biophysics
- Morris Kroll Memorial Scholarship- Adrienne Borrie, Physiology and Pharmacology
Alumni Western has announced four distinguished recipients of the 2015 Alumni Awards of Merit. Congratulations to the two Schulich Medicine & Dentistry alumni who received awards: Dr. John Kelton, MD'73, and Dr. Danielle Martin, MD'03. Read the full article.
Ian Cunningham, PhD, was named a Fellow of the Canadian Organization of Medical Physicists, recognizing significant contributions to the field of medical physics, including research, professional practice and educational mentorship.
Congratulations to Dr. Shannon Venance appointed as Director of Competency-Based Medical Education Implementation, Postgraduate Medical Education. Read the full article.