Oncology Research & Education Day 2018
Thank you for attending Oncology Research and Education Day!
We hope you enjoyed the event on Friday, June 8th at the Best Western in London, Ontario.Over 350 attendees participated in and attended this year’s R&E Day!
If you require a Certificate of Attendance, send an email request to Luciana.firstname.lastname@example.org
SAVE THE DATE and join us next year on Friday June 14, 2019!
Here are a few of the highlights from 2018:
- Opening remarks by special guests, including Mr. Kirk Baines who presented the London Health Sciences Foundation Campaign Celebration video of its achievements.
- Special presentation by Dr. Alison Allan in honour of Dr. Ann Chambers on the momentous occasion of her retirement. Dr. Chambers was awarded her Professor Emeritus certificate from Western University and the Department of Oncology Lifetime Achievement Award, which were accepted on her behalf by her son Mr. Ben Shirley.
- 8 informative and engaging oral presentations of the substantial research taking place in our laboratories.
- An outstanding keynote lecture by Dr. Suresh Senan on, “Oligometastatic disease, the immune system and image-guided radiotherapy - A new paradigm in personalized medicine.”
- Innovative research poster sessions, with over 75 abstracts submitted and presented including posters from senior high school students in the PEL academic co-operative education program.
- Facilitated networking sessions over lunch.
- Social media engagement using the hashtags #ONCRESEARCHDAY and #LndOntOncology
- An afternoon award ceremony with hot appetizers and cocktails to celebrate the day and our award winners.
Congratulations to the following award winners …
2 Oroal Presentation Award Winners:
Aren Marshall, Lawrence Yip
2 Oral Presentation Runner Ups:
Dr. Rohann Correa, Dr. Adrian Buensuceso
4 Morning Poster Award Winners:
Nivin Nystrom, Dr. Bipradeb Singha, Salma Dammak, Piru Perampalam
4 Afternoon Poster Award Winners:
Steven Gameiro, Malica Krstic, Qin (Daisy) Sun, Seung Joon Kim
Department of Oncology’s Excellence in Academic and Teaching Awards (5):
Division of Surgical Oncology:Dr. Muriel Brackstone
Division of Radiation Oncology: Dr. David Palma
INTEGRATED. INNOVATIVE. IMPACTFUL.
This event was supported in part by educational grants from the following: