- these two courses are exactly the same!
- students registered in Biology 2244A and students registered in Statistics 2244A are in the same class and write the same midterm tests and final exams!
For all basic medical science modules* that specifically require either Biology 2244A/B or Statistical Sciences 2244A/B as the statistics requirement, no substitutions will be made for these courses.
- EXCEPTION: students who completed one of Psychology 2810, Statistics 2035 or 2141A prior to September 1, 2015 are allowed to substitute this statistics course in place of Biology 2244A/B or Statistics 2244A/B in most basic medical science modules*
Students may search for statistics courses offered at other universities during the summer but a course must be deemed equivalent to either Biology 2244A/B or Statistical Sciences 2244A/B to be used in basic medical science modules.
* Basic medical science modules include:
- Specialization and Honors Specialization modules that lead to BMSc degrees,
- the following Honors Specialization modules that lead to BSc degrees: Genetics and Biochemistry, Medical Biophysics (Biological Science Concentration), Medical Biophysics (Physical Science Concentration)
- the following Major modules: Biochemistry, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, IMS, Medical Cell Biology, Medical Sciences, Microbiology and Immunology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Physiology