Job Opportunity - Event Coordinator for InsideScientific
Job Description: Event Coordinator – Life Science Webinars
InsideScientific is looking for an Event Coordinator that will take a lead in the management and hosting of life science educational webinars.
View company and job details here: http://insidescientific.com/isc-marketing/careers/event-coordinator/
The Event Coordinator will be the project leader for all aspects related to life science webinar planning, marketing, hosting, recording and delivery of post-event collateral. The ideal candidate brings an enthusiastic, outgoing attitude to this career role.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Communicating with the client and presenters, ensuring each member is keeping on track, meeting key deadlines for presentation content and marketing material
- Conducting technical-checks with speakers and team members to ensure they are comfortable using our webinar hosting software tools and presentation software (typically MS PowerPoint)
- Creating an internal marketing plan, involving email and social media strategy, to drive successful event registration and attendance.
- Working with the InsideScientific team to provide presentation consultancy, focused on optimized content delivery and webinar best-practices
- Conducting webinar practice sessions
- Hosting and moderating the live webinar, including a Question and Answer session with panelists
- Assisting in the preparation of event related marketing materials
- Preparing webinar debrief package and reviewing results with the client following their live webinar
- Post-secondary education (college or university diploma/degree), preferably in the Sciences, Business Administration, or Media and Information Technology studies
- Suitable transportation to attend training and team meetings in London, ON
- High-speed internet access at home office
- Laptop or PC computer (current operating systems and performance specifications)
Experience & Skill Set:
- Exceptional organization and multi-tasking skills, with a desire to work in an independent, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and comfortable speaking in front of small and large groups both online or in person
- Strong copywriting and copyediting skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products (Word and Excel), and a strong background using Microsoft PowerPoint presentation software
- Experience with email marketing programs, such as Constant Contact or MailChimp
- Experience with webinar hosting software, such as GoToWebinar, Citrix WebEx, Adobe Connect and others.
- Background in the sciences and research technology sectors is a strong asset
To apply for this position, please complete our mandatory online application form. Following, please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use subject line “Event Coordinator”.
We thank everyone in advance for their submission — only select candidates will receive follow up from InsideScientific to continue their application process.
InsideScientific is an online environment rich with information for life science researchers. Resources include educational webinars, in-lab workshops and training programs, laboratory protocols, application notes and more. In addition, scientists can browse our supplier database to learn more about the tools and technologies offered by manufacturers around the globe. Our mission is to augment scientific discovery by facilitating and continually improving the exchange of scientific information.
InsideScientific Marketing Solutions is the team of people behind the scenes that deliver event management services for life science webinars, in-lab workshops, and provide content marketing services to our clients.